Medical Billing – Diploma
The diploma program in Medical Billing is designed to train students for an entry-level career as a medical biller in many healthcare settings including clinics, health insurance companies, hospitals and medical offices. The curriculum focuses upon the development of students’ skills by providing a wide variety of specialized courses comprising of insurance billing, coding, medical records management, and administrative front office responsibilities. In addition, the curriculum also features an introduction to Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and the Microsoft Office Suite. Students learn through a combination of lecture, labs and simulation.
Upon completion of the Diploma in Medical Billing Pacific College, the graduate will be expected to:
- The graduate can demonstrate various employable skills and can apply appropriate ethics to all areas of the job.
- Organize and maintain data for clinical databases and registries.
- Track patient outcomes for quality assessment.
- Electronically record data for collection, storage, analysis, retrieval, and reporting.
- Maintain confidentiality of patients’ records.
Students may be required to pass criminal background checks, drug screens and certain vaccines in order to be employed in the healthcare industry. Individuals with criminal backgrounds may have difficulty securing employment in the field. Prior to enrolling in this program, students should research what future employers require in order to determine how this may affect their chances of becoming employed.
“Every part of the program, every step of the way, they held your hand, they walked you through it.“Amanda Zipf, Medical Assisting Graduate