5 Reasons You Should Go Back to College7 October 2016
Thinking of making a change in your career or pursuing a passion that you’ve put on hold? Use these five reasons as extra motivation to return to college!
It is never too late to think about improving your education. Whether you are a millennial who entered the job field early or a mom of five grown children, everyone has something to gain by returning to college. The idea might first seem intimidating, especially if you have been away from school for a while, but every collegiate institution operates with the goal of helping you succeed. There are resources to guide and support you, from admissions counselors to financial aid and the professors of your courses, you are not alone.
If you are looking for a little extra motivation to seek a degree, take a look at these five reasons for returning to college!
- Passion – Embracing your dream for higher education can lead to a career you enjoy and look forward to every day you wake up. Not to mention, it may offer amazing opportunities for travel, adventure, vacations, or simply enjoying the events in your own city.
- Employment Security – With any college degree, no matter which focus, you can drastically improve your future job security. In 2014, the average unemployment rate stood at 5%, but that rate dropped considerably when considering those with a college degree. More specifically, among those with a bachelor’s degree, only 3.5% were unemployed.
- Networking – Networking can happen anywhere at any time, even during college. Professors might have previously held a career or known someone to recommend how to advance your own own career of choice. In addition, your classmates are driven toward bright futures themselves. One day, those classmates might be able to connect you with a job opportunity or even request you for their own team!
- Earning Potential – Of those employed, the median weekly earnings for someone with a bachelor’s degree exceeded about $1,100 in 2014. Those without college education made less than $700.
- New Horizons – Continuing education doesn’t have to be driven by acquiring a 9-to-5 job. In fact, college often inspires new directions, insights, and life choices. You might decide to form a startup from the knowledge you gain. Or, attending courses may simply help break up your typical week and keep your mind expanding. Learning should never end!
If you decide to take the next step and research a few college options, consider Pioneer Pacific College. Our professional programs are designed to meet your interests, schedule, and lifestyle. Call 866-772-4636 for more details or to set up an appointment with an admissions counselor!