Legal Studies – old
For students who want to delve deeper into the legal field, Pioneer Pacific College offers a program in Legal Studies, available to students satisfactorily completing the Associate of Applied Science Legal Assistant/Paralegal.
Pioneer Pacific’s Legal Studies program includes:
This Program builds academically on the Associate of Applied Science Legal Assistant/Paralegal program, with an emphasis on areas of substantive law and management. These skills will prepare the student with essential knowledge for potential promotion within legal agencies and law offices, in both public and private sector employment areas of the legal system.
The student who graduates with the Bachelor of Science in Legal Studies will have successfully completed the outcomes of the Associate of Applied Science in Legal Assistant/Paralegal, with the addition of the following:
- Demonstrate practical skills necessary to assist with the administration of a law office, including the handling of accounting and billing procedures.
- Contribute to the professional growth of legal assistants.
- Develop the ability to plan, organize, direct, and control within a legal environment.
- Demonstrate a specialized understanding of specific areas of law including Bankruptcy, Immigration, Real Estate, Tax and Employment law.
- Use intermediate management methods to identify organizational functions and demonstrate the skills to maximize those functions for efficient and effective operations.
Take the next step:
Discover if a Legal Studies Degree is the right career choice for you by calling one of our helpful Admissions Officers at 1-866-772-4636, or contact us online, and we’ll contact you to further discuss your interest in Legal Studies.